Welcome to Grand College Theme Demo
At Grand College we aim to develop successful, fulfilled young people, well skilled, with enquiring minds and positive, responsible attitudes. The children themselves told us that they wanted a school that is friendly, fair, interesting, safe, polite, caring and hard working. We work with them to achieve that.
Our aim is to provide a child with the opportunity to achieve, to do so in partnership with his/her family and to make sure that there is a good reason for the children, their families and the community to be proud of Grand College.
This is a school for its community and a range of activities will enable all ages to extend education into a life long experience. The involvement of families is highly valued.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and the provision of the highest standard of education for all pupils. Our curriculum is broad, balanced and relevant to a changing society. Our children are actively engaged in learning.
In 2012, Ofsted Inspectors found that:
- Grand College is an outstanding school in all assessed areas
- Pupils from a wide range of backgrounds work and play harmoniously together
- Behaviour is excellent
- Staff work closely together and share the values that are reflected in the school’s ethos.
- The very positive and encouraging atmosphere that pervades the school is a key reason why pupils do so well and reach high standards.
- Standards in Maths and English are well above average and progress is outstanding
- Teachers plan interesting and challenging activities that involve pupils learning for themselves and the quality of teaching is outstanding.
Grand College offers continuity of personal growth and learning from age 3-11 within a welcoming and secure environment. We work with our partner secondary schools to extend that continuity still further. We ensure that parents receive relevant and up-to-date information about their children and the school. We aim to work closely with families and the local community.
Alongside skills in English, Mathematics, Science and Information Communication Technology, our children learn about the changing world in which they live. Environmental and industrial awareness, the Arts, cultural and religious diversity will all contribute to developing intelligent, questioning young citizens. Good self-esteem, built upon academic and personal achievements, will foster their further success.